My vForum

My vForum :: General :: Opinions on Your vForum :: Star Wars Lounge - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Printable View
Dark Lord Grievous™

[Avatar]
I am not crazy. *Yells at the apple*
JTV
pmwwwmsnyahooaim
Star Wars Lounge (2nd Jun 08 at 10:39pm UTC)
http://starwarslounge.vforums.co.uk

(Oh and before anyone tells me I need codes, Remember, this is DLG. lol)

All images in my avatar and sig were made by and copyrighted to me.

Wrighty
{Tongue Out}

Lead Coder
Lead Coder
Administrator
[Avatar]
pmmsn
Re: Star Wars Lounge (2nd Jun 08 at 10:49pm UTC)
Firstly, I will give a quick list of suggestions, and then a rating out of 10. I tend to rate based on the look of the forum, not the functionality.

If there's anything on here that you would like me to clarify, then I am more than happy to do so for you! {Smile}

• Menu Buttons - I basically got an epileptic fit when they loaded. They flash oh so much... They hurt my eyes!
  • Background - I get that the background fits with the theme, and I commend you for that. However, there's a problem that arises. My eyes, again.
  • Banner - Fits very well with the theme. For some reason, I like it. I don't know why... However, it's not wide enough. There's 'black space' on both sides of the banner. Make it wider! {Wink}
  • Colors - There's a large amount of red, black and white. Not really any other colours. I suggest introducing some gradients. Some dark red to black ones? Or dark to darker red.
  • Icons - The main reason a forum doesn't look too good, is when the skin isn't completed. In this case, not personalising the icons. On/Off icons are the most important icons (other than menu!).

Rating: 6/10

There is a lot that could be improved. But you've got the foundations of a good forum! {Smile}

Dark Lord Grievous™

[Avatar]
JTV
pmwwwmsnyahooaim
Re: Star Wars Lounge (2nd Jun 08 at 11:00pm UTC)
Quote:
Menu Buttons - I basically got an epileptic fit when they loaded. They flash oh so much... They hurt my eyes!

Quote:
Background - I get that the background fits with the theme, and I commend you for that. However, there's a problem that arises. My eyes, again.

I think you just have bad eyes, lol. Gettin old already?

As for everything eles, I'll get to them when I can, lol.

Thanks Wrighty {Cool}

Wrighty
{Tongue Out}

Lead Coder
Lead Coder
Administrator
[Avatar]
pmmsn
Re: Star Wars Lounge (2nd Jun 08 at 11:01pm UTC)
Yes, I do have bad eyes! >.< That's why I wear glasses for long distance! {Tongue Out}

Dark Lord Grievous™

[Avatar]
JTV
pmwwwmsnyahooaim
Re: Star Wars Lounge (2nd Jun 08 at 11:03pm UTC)
lol Wrighty.

fullphaser

Official Designer
[Avatar]
Star Fool
Chattanooga, TN
pmwwwmsnyahooaimgtalk
Re: Star Wars Lounge (3rd Jun 08 at 1:37am UTC)
The one thing that initially sticks out to me is that the menu buttons, and the font that is used in the banner. While both use the same font, it just doesn't make sense to me when it comes to a Sci Fi setting like Star Wars. To me at least a less "curvy" font would have made more sense to me (In the Veranda family as such)

The background is fitting, although I think you could cut down on the blinking just a little, as Wrighty said its very epileptic in nature to have so many blinking things on screen at any given time.

Still a few buttons etc. to work with. I'd also tune down some of the colors on the (The stark green, and bright blue)

If I'm reading the category "Star Wars Movies" it appears to have -8 post. (not sure what that is about)

And echoing Wrighty's statement on the color scheme only being Black / White / Red. Introducing some gray's could help a great deal.

If necessity is the mother of invention, than want must be the father
[ Phaser Labs | Fullphaser's Rants ]

Dark Lord Grievous™

[Avatar]
JTV
pmwwwmsnyahooaim
Re: Star Wars Lounge (3rd Jun 08 at 2:00am UTC)
Quote:
-8 post
Crap, that happens sometimes and is fixed easily wiht fix a board.

Thanks for the rate, and i'll take both coments/advice in major consideration.

The only thing I do disagree with is the epileptic thing because when i was a baby, I had mini seizures(sp?) and then in elementary I had kinda bad one, and ever since then I havn't had one, and i'v seen tones of blinking/flashing images.

fullphaser

Official Designer
[Avatar]
Star Fool
Chattanooga, TN
pmwwwmsnyahooaimgtalk
Re: Star Wars Lounge (3rd Jun 08 at 2:01am UTC)
Quote:
The only thing I do disagree with is the epileptic thing because when i was a baby, I had mini seizures(sp?) and then in elementary I had kinda bad one, and ever since then I havn't had one, and i'v seen tones of blinking/flashing images.
It's just a general comment when dealing with animated objects that flash at any rate. Its distracting to the eye, and you want the ultimate focus of your forum to be on the content, not the images around it.

Dark Lord Grievous™

[Avatar]
JTV
pmwwwmsnyahooaim
Re: Star Wars Lounge (3rd Jun 08 at 2:06am UTC)
Ya, I see what your saying now.

The forums background was made by my Graphics/Co Admin, I had no idea he'd make the background have the flashing stars or buttons.

fullphaser

Official Designer
[Avatar]
Star Fool
Chattanooga, TN
pmwwwmsnyahooaimgtalk
Re: Star Wars Lounge (3rd Jun 08 at 2:13am UTC)

Ya, I see what your saying now.

The forums background was made by my Graphics/Co Admin, I had no idea he'd make the background have the flashing stars or buttons.
They don't hurt it, its just I think if they were tuned down just a little they would be less distracting.

Dark Lord Grievous™

[Avatar]
JTV
pmwwwmsnyahooaim
Re: Star Wars Lounge (3rd Jun 08 at 2:18am UTC)
Ok, thanks FP.

fullphaser

Official Designer
[Avatar]
Star Fool
Chattanooga, TN
pmwwwmsnyahooaimgtalk
Re: Star Wars Lounge (3rd Jun 08 at 2:19am UTC)

Ok, thanks FP.
No problem =)

wq123

Re: Star Wars Lounge (19th May 17 at 7:09am UTC)
ferragamo, coach factory, nfl titans jerseys, prada outlet, hermes outlet, new balance outlet, burberry tracksuits, ray ban, ferragamo, burberry handbags, timberland outlet, christian louboutin, kate spade outlet online, coach purses factory, burberry outlet, prada, roshe run, longchamp handbags, nfl jerseys, longchamp handbags, nfl browns jerseys, swarovski crystal, toms shoes outlet, polo ralph lauren, burberry sale, polo ralph lauren, replica watches, nfl panthers jerseys, jordan, tory burch sale, nfl bears jerseys, air jordan shoes, giuseppe shoes, longchamp, lacoste, marc jacobs, michael kors bags, ray ban outlet, nike roche run, supra shoes, boston celtics jerseys, cheap michael kors, nike.com, hollister clothing store, north face jackets, woolrich clearance, michael kors bags, shoes outlet, sas jersey, chi flat iron, toms outlet, christian louboutin shoes, reebok, michael kors handbags, iphone cases, michael kors outlet online sale, ralph lauren polo, nike air max, babyliss, coach outlet, michael kors purses, pandora bracelet, air yeezy shoes, hou jerseys, nike free run, oakley vault, nike roshe, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses cheap, dal jerseys, levis outlet store, roshe run, burberry outlet online, adidas, nfl raiders jerseys, oakley sunglasses, swarovski canada, tn requin pas cher, air huarache, nike free, polo ralph, rolex watches for sale, coach bags outlet, barbour outlet, huarache, nfl bengals jerseys, calvin klein underwear, celine bags, oakley outlet online, thomas sabo, bcbg max azria, barbour jackets, nfl broncos jerseys, true religion outlet, ralph lauren outlet, washington wizards jerseys, ralph lauren, cheap nfl jerseys, nike outlet, rolex, swarovski, ray ban outlet online, red bottom shoes, air jordan retro, prada shoes, nike, new orleans pelicans jerseys, nike soccer shoes, hollister clothing, polo outlet store, nfl jets jerseys, nike free run, orlando magic jerseys, nfl lions jerseys, air max, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, pandora jewellery australia, air force, nike shoes, adidas, burberry outlet, juicy couture clothings, puma shoes, wedding dress, givenchy outlet online, uhren shop, burberry outlet, nfl ravens jerseys, nike, nike outlet, hollister online shop deutschland, salomon, coach outlet, nfl azcardinals jerseys, toms outlet, nike mercurial, ray ban, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, purses and handbags, longchamp taschen, air max shoes, memphis grizzlies jerseys, mbt shoes sale, under armour basketball shoes, chi hair, northface, celine outlet online, nfl steelers jerseys, michael kors, hermes birkin, free run, coach outlet store, mcm backpack outlet, burberry online shop, air max 95, nfl texans jerseys, longchamp, hermes bags, the north face, coach outlet store, nike air max, replica handbags, montre femme, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, dre beats, ferragamo shoes, ralph lauren outlet, nba jerseys, salvatore ferragamo, softball bats, oakley outlet online, mcm backpack, bcbg max, louboutin shoes, converse, beats by dr dre, coach outlet, juicy couture, toms outlet, philipp plein, beats headphones, nfl saints jerseys, toms outlet, nfl jerseys, cheap barbour jackets, nfl chargers jerseys, detroit pistons jerseys, coach factory, swarovski online, mcm bags, cheap jerseys, mont blanc, nfl redskins jerseys, the north face outlet, hilfiger online shop, true religion jeans outlet, cheap hoodies, warriors jersey, ralph lauren polos, coach outlet store, nike.com, ralph lauren, ray ban sunglasses, jimmy choo, nuggets jersey, oakley vault, instyler ionic styler, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren outlet online, mlb jerseys, ray bans, thomas sabo uk, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses outlet, kate spade, ralph lauren factory store, longchamp outlet, burberry outlet store, mcm handbags, tommy hilfiger outlet stores, louboutin shoes, michael kors taschen, dsquared2 outlet, north face, designer handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, sacramento kings jerseys, toms.com, tommy hilfiger online, new balance, eyeglasses frames, retro jordans, burberry outlet online, scarpe hogan, oakley, cheap eyeglasses, roshe runs, oakley sunglasses cheap, nfl bills jerseys, michael kors outlet online, north face backpacks, bottega veneta, rolex watches, coach outlet store online, barbour jacket outlet, michael kors, air max schoenen, lunette ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet online sale, jordans for sale, vans, portland trail blazers jerseys, nike mercurial, long champ, heat jerseys, prada outlet, burberry outlet online, ray ban wayfarer, nike shoes outlet, nike air max, nfl falcons jerseys, ralph lauren polos, red bottom shoes, converse shoes, air jordans, swarovski jewelry, carmelo anthony jersey, kate spade outlet, shop.coachfactory.com, toms shoes outlet, ralph lauren, pandora charms, oakley, adidas, ecco outlet store, cheap true religion, longchamp black friday, oakley sbocco, timberland shoes, rayban, coach outlet online, true religion jeans women, cheap michael kors, polo ralph lauren outlet, coach factory outlet, hugo boss outlet, michael kors outlet, valentino shoes, michael kors, timberland femme, timberland shoes, dsquared2, abercrombie, converse sneakers, chrome hearts outlet, nike huarache, nike air, ray ban pas cher, supra footwear, coach outlet online canada, asics gel, air jordans, iphone 4s cases, barbour factory, chh jerseys, michael kors purses, tory burch, roshe runs, tommy hilfiger, michael kors outlet online sale, nfl patriots jerseys, nike factory, ralph lauren, vans shoes, nfl buccaneers jerseys, chi jerseys, ray-ban sunglasses, coach factory, fendi belts, new balance, ray ban wayfarer, vibram five fingers, replica watches, womens clothing, nfl vikings jerseys, mlb jerseys, versace shoes outlet, bottega bags, softball bats, ralph lauren online shop, michael kors outlet, mcm backpack, pandora charms, michael kors handbags, air max, ray ban outlet, phoenix suns jersey, omega watches, nike shoes, michael kors canada, nfl dolphins jerseys, chris paul jersey, toronto raptors jerseys, tommy hilfiger outlet stores, nfl giants jerseys, oklahoma city thunder, north face, ray ban, designer handbags, hollister co, the north face outlet, ed hardy, asics, nhl jerseys, adidas schuhe, ralph lauren uk, p90x3, oakley sunglasses, philadelphia 76ers, ray ban prezzi, armani outlet, ralph lauren, watches, new balance canada, cleveland cavaliers, hogan, swarovski jewelry, michael kors, puma online shop, mlb jerseys, louboutin shoes, new balance shoes, pandora canada, coach factory outlet online, air max 1, relojes, ray ban outlet, milwaukee bucks jerseys, adidas, plein outlet, giuseppe zanotti, tommy hilfiger outlet, atl jerseys, michael kors handbags, michael kors, true religion, oakley outlet online, nfl cowboys jerseys, tory burch sale, burberry sale, nike free run, cheap nba shoes, adidas, nfl 49ers jerseys, nfl packers jerseys, utah jazz jerseys, hollister kids, cheap oakley, nfl chiefs jerseys, coach outlet online, nike, north face jackets, minnesota timberwolves jerseys, converse outlet, air max 2015, michael kors, ralph lauren outlet online, nike huarache, nike canada, nike air max 2014, lal jersey, north face, ray bans, beats by dre, ray ban zonnebril, michael kors handbags, michael kors outlet online, mlb jerseys, replica watches, true religion jeans men, adidas mens, nfl jaguars jerseys, nfl seahawks jerseys, tory burch handbags, air max, indiana pacers jerseys, oakley pas cher, hollister, nhl jerseys, nike, kate spade outlet, christian louboutin, www.tommyhilfiger.nl, vans, basketball shoes, burberry, brooklyn nets jerseys, jimmy choo, nfl eagles jerseys, nike free run 5.0, nfl rams jerseys, mizuno running, hogan, nfl colts jerseys, air max 90, [/url], [url=http://www.soccers-shoes.net/]soccer shoes, adidas shoes, air max, toms shoes, burberry handbags, rolex watches, marc jacobs outlet, pandora
 Printable View